30 MINUTE SUMMER MEAL WITH SMITHFIELD MARINATED FRESH PORK
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. The opinions and text are all mine. @SmithfieldFoods
Summer is in full swing here in Texas so as you can probably imagine it is hot but we love it! My kids are busy at camps and other activities to occupy their time, and I am busy taking care of them and everything else mom related. It gets hard sometimes, especially since I am a working Mom but hey, we push through don’t we!
In our family, since we are so busy, we love easy. Easy outfits picks, easy home décor, easy meals, the list goes on and on! I don’t have time for anything else, especially with two small children. Creating easy, quick meals for my family used to be challenging but not on the nights I pick up Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork at United. You’ve gotta try the Applewood Smoked Bacon Pork Loin Filet because it is ready in 30 minutes or less and perfect for any night of the week. If you want real flavor, real fast, try this flavor. The bacon tastes like you just made it yourself and marinated but nope, you didn’t have to do anything, it’s already done!
I decided to go easy and prepare a fabulous meal and invite my parents over to enjoy the summer night. No special occasion needed, I just like when they are amazed by something I prepare that looks hard but is really super easy. Like I said, since the meat is already marinated, it provides #RealFlavorRealFast, which made my job in the kitchen a lot easier! It’s made from 100% fresh pork and has no artificial ingredients, so I feel good serving it to my family. You just pop it in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 and it’s done.
My husband loves bacon like he loves the weekend so tonight I am preparing a recipe with the Applewood Smoked Bacon Pork Loin Filet but they also have other varieties of delicious cuts and flavors like Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Sirloin, Sweet Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin and Roasted Garlic & Herb Pork Loin Filet, just to name a few.
Here’s the recipe I decided to make for our family dinner night! Again, super easy and yummy!
Ingredients for Applewood Smoked Bacon Pork Loin Filet and Cheesy Vegetable Rice Recipe
1 Package of Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Pork Loin Filet (1 lbs.)
2-3 Large Broccoli Crowns
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup long-grain white rice
½ Cup of Grape or Cherry Tomato’s cut in halves
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese (or Parm)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt, pepper, lime to taste
- Preheat oven to 375. Place Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Pork Loin Filet in oven for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, Put the oil in a sauce pan over medium to low heat.
- Add the rice to the pan, cook and stir, until the rice starts to turn golden brown.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan, heat till it starts to boil. Cover.
- Cook, covered, for 15 – 20 minutes or until most of the chicken broth is absorbed.
- Meanwhile pour 2 tsp of olive oil into sauté pan, mix in broccoli, tomatoes and garlic. Toss and Sauté to your liking until tender.
- Remove rice from the heat and add the butter, chopped broccoli, tomatoes, cheese, and garlic powder. Stir until well incorporated. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir again and add salt, Lime, pepper to taste
- Once the pork is cooked, cool, slice and serve with rice as pictured.
- Plate, serve and enjoy
Tip: If you want an extra tangy taste, add lemon and lime to taste. It is so good over the rice and pork loin.
Like what you see? Smithfield is also challenging you to see what you can do with Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork to get a flavorful meal ready in about 30 minutes with their “What Can You Do with 30?” meal and tip contest. For more 30-minute meal prep ideas and to submit your original recipe for a chance to win great prizes, head on over to www.smithfieldrealflavorrealfast.com